Call Out III – Submissions Open!
It’s finally here!
Malja – A Red Bull Space is proud and excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for Malja Call Out III – 2017!
This is an open call to all creatives in Bahrain! Without thematic restrictions, we invite all creatives to innovate to make original and conceptual artwork that is close to the heart. Together, we can form one of the kingdom’s biggest concept-based exhibitions, bringing back conversation and discussion to, in, and by art.
Call Out is Malja’s only all-inclusive open-concept and open-call exhibition, curated by Ramah AlHusseini and the Malja Bahrain team.
The first edition of Call Out saw participation from just over 50 artists and over 75 art pieces, including paintings, drawings and illustrations, photography, graphic design, installations, writing, and film! Last year’s second edition showcased the same diversity with a tighter-knit curation to elevate the exhibitionto an even higher standard.
This year, the Malja team once again invites all artists to submit one to five pieces of artwork for possible showcase at the exhibition, which launches in September, 2017.
Terms & Conditions For Applying:
The deadline for artwork submission is August 20, 2017. The deadline for submission has been extended to August 26, 2017. Any application submitted after this date will be automatically rejected.
- The application must be filled out COMPLETELY in order for your submission to be reviewed. Unless stated otherwise, all questions and attachments on the submission form are mandatory.
- Any incomplete application will be automatically rejected.
- All artists must be at least 16 years old to apply.
- All artists must cover the cost of printing/framing their own artwork.
- The submission form and any questions regarding the exhibition must be emailed to Curator@MaljaBahrain.com (Please do not send to / ‘cc’ other Malja emails)
- Artworks submitted to Call Out III must not have been exhibited in another exhibition six months before/after Call Out III’s launch in September.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Download our Submission Form now and apply to have your work showcased with us!
We cannot wait to experience your creativity and work with you!